When you use Future Cabs, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This policy applies to users of Future Cabs' services anywhere in India, including users of Future Cabs' application and website. This policy describes how Future Cabs and its affiliates collect and use personal information to provide our services. This policy applies to all users of our application, websites, features or other services anywhere in India. All those subject to this policy are referred to as "users" for purposes of this policy.
The practices described in this policy are subject to applicable laws and statutes.
- Location Information
Depending on the Future Cabs services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through GPS.
If you are a driver partner, Future Cabs collects location information when the Future Cabs app is running in on your device.
If you are a rider and have provided permission for the processing of location data, Future Cabs collects location information when the Future Cabs app is running.
Riders may use the Future Cabs app without enabling Future Cabs to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your Future Cabs app. For example, if you do not enable Future Cabs to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your pickup address. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver during your trip and linked to your account, even if you have not enabled Future Cabs to collect your location information.
- Transaction Information
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance travelled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage information
- Device Information
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Communications data
We enable users to communicate with each other and Future Cabs through the Future Cabs apps, websites, and other services. For example, we enable drivers and riders, to call or text each other. To provide this service, Future Cabs receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications. Future Cabs may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics.
Information from other sources
This may include:
- User feedback, such as ratings or compliments.
- Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- Future Cabs business partners through which you create or access your Future Cabs account, such as payment providers, social media services.
- Insurance providers (if you are a driver).
- Financial services providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner).
- Partner transportation companies (if you are a driver who uses our services through an account associated with such a company).
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
Future Cabs may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How We Use Your Information
Future Cabs collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient transportation services. We also use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
Future Cabs does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
Future Cabs uses the information it collects for purposes including:
Providing services and features
Future Cabs uses the collected information to personalize, maintain and improve our services. This includes using the information to:
- Create and update your account.
- Verify your identity.
- Enable transportation services. This includes automated processing of your information to enable dynamic pricing, in which the price of a ride is determined based on constantly varying factors such as the estimated time and distance of the predicted route, estimated traffic, and the number of riders and drivers using Future Cabs at a given moment.
- Process or facilitate payments for those services.
- To track the progress of your ride.
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a driver, refer a friend to Future Cabs, split fares, or share your ETA.
- Enable features to personalize your Future Cabs account, such as creating bookmarks for your favorite places, and to enable quick access to previous destinations.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services and users. This includes, for example:
- Screening drivers prior to enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks permitted by law, to prevent use of our services by unsafe drivers.
- Using information from drivers’ devices to identify unsafe driving behavior such as speeding, and to raise awareness among drivers regarding such behaviors.
- Using device, location, profile, usage and other information to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities. This includes processing of such information, to identify practices or patterns that indicate fraud or risk of safety incidents. This may also include information from third parties. In certain cases such incidents may lead to deactivation by means of an automated decision making process.
- Using user ratings to encourage improvement by affected users, and as grounds for deactivating users with ratings below a certain minimum as may be required in their region. Calculation and deactivation may be done through an automated decision making process.
Future Cabs uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
Communications among users
Future Cabs uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a driver may text or call a rider to confirm a pickup location.
Communications from Future Cabs
Future Cabs may use the information to communicate with you about services, promotions, studies, surveys and updates or any other information related to our services
Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Future Cabs' services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
Third Party Technologies and Cookies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
We may use the information collected from you for targeted advertising. This involves using information collected on an individual's web or mobile browsing behavior such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. This information is then used to select which advertisements should be displayed on websites other than our web site(s). The information collected is only linked to an anonymous cookie ID (alphanumeric number); it does not include any information that could be linked back to a particular person, such as their name, address or credit card number.
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Some of Future Cabs' services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
Future Cabs may share the information we collect:
- With other users
For example, if you are a rider, we may share your first name, average rider rating given by drivers, and pickup and/or drop-off locations with drivers.
If you are a driver, we may share information with your rider(s) including name and photo; vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; location; average rating provided by riders; total number of trips; for how long you have been using the Future Cabs app; and contact information (depending upon applicable laws). If you choose to complete a driver profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that past riders have submitted about you. The rider/delivery recipient will also receive a receipt containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, your first name, photo, and a map of the route you took.
- With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users -- including through public forums such as Future Cabs blogs, social media, and certain features on our network such as comments, feedbacks, reviews and ratings. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
- With the owner of Future Cabs accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your trip information with the owner of that profile. This occurs, for example, if you are:
A driver using an account owned by a partner transportation company.
A rider who takes a trip arranged by a friend or under a Family Profile.
- With Future Cabs service providers and business partners
Future Cabs may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
- Payment processors and facilitators.
- Background checks providers (drivers only).
- Cloud storage providers.
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
- Data analytics providers.
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Future Cabs or on Future Cabs' behalf.
- Vendors that assist Future Cabs to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
- Fleet partners.
- Insurance and financing partners.
- Other local providers.
For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Future Cabs may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect Future Cabs’ rights or property or the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of Our services.This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
With your consent
Future Cabs may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Choice and Transparency
Future Cabs provides means for you to see and control the information that Future Cabs collects through:
- in-app privacy settings
- device permissions
- in-app ratings pages
- marketing opt-outs
The Privacy Settings menu in the Future Cabs rider app gives users the ability to set or update their location and contacts sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from Future Cabs.
The Protected Information and Usage Information we collect is securely stored within our databases, and we use standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers) for protecting your information. However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet or wireless communication, and any information you transmit to the Company you do at your own risk. We recommend that you not disclose your password to anyone.
Updates to This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If you use our services after an update, you consent to the updated policy.
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the Future Cabs apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.